Flash Player
Document: 48
image_real

Page: 0
photos

Page: 0
39
real_det_en

Page: 0

CLIENT NAME:

Montreal Museum of Fine Arts

BUILDING NAME:

Erskine and American United Church –

Montreal Museum of Fine Arts

PROJECT ADDRESS:

1339 Sherbrooke St. West, Montreal

BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE PROJECT:

Replacement of St. Marc limestone cladding and Miramichi sandstone from New Brunswick.

Installation of Cintec anchoring throughout the bell tower.

Repointing of stone joints.

Dismantling and rebuilding of a wall and entrance.

Installation of granite pavers and a short wall.

UNIQUE CHALLENGES:

Working high up (33 metres above the ground).

Installing paving stones in challenging slope angles.

Numbering the stones for dismantling and rebuilding.

Replacing insertions.

DURATION OF THE WORK:

12 months

COST OF THE WORK:

$2,746,000

real_details

Page: 0

NOM DU CLIENT :

Musée des beaux-arts de Montréal

NOM DE L'ÉDIFICE :

Église Erskine and American United –

Musée des beaux-arts de Montréal

ADRESSE DU PROJET :

1339, rue Sherbrooke Ouest, Montréal

BRÈVE DESCRIPTION DU PROJET :

Remplacement du parement de pierre calcaire St-Marc et de grès Miramichi du Nouveau-Brunswick.

Pose d’ancrage Cintec au travers du clocher.

Rejointoiement des joints de pierre.

Démontage et remontage d’un mur et d’une entrée.

Pose de dallage et de muret en granit.

DÉFI PARTICULIER :

Travaux en hauteur (33 mètres)

Dallage au sol – plusieurs pentes

Numérotation des pierres pour le démontage et le remontage

Remplacement d’insertion.

DURÉE DES TRAVAUX :

12 mois

COÛT DES TRAVAIX :

2 746 000 $

reali_de_en

Page: 0

The construction of this church was completed in 1894 according to plans by architect Alexander Cooper Hutchison. It was built for the community of the Scottish Secession Church of Erskine.

When the church merged with the community of the American Presbyterian Church in 1937, the Tiffany windows were transferred from Montreal's Presbyterian Church on Dorchester Street to the church on Sherbrooke Street.

In February 2007, the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts acquired the church for the expansion of the museum.

reali_ti_en

Page: 0
MMFA
realisation_de

Page: 0

La construction de cette église fut complétée en 1894 selon les plans de l’architecte Alexander Cooper Hutchison.

Elle fut érigée pour la communauté de l’église Erskine des sécessionnistes écossais. Lors de la fusion avec la communauté de l’église presbytérienne américaine, en 1937, les vitraux Tiffany sont transférés de l’église presbytérienne de Montréal de la rue Dorchester vers l’église de la rue Sherbrooke.

En février 2007, le Musée des beaux-arts de Montréal se porte acquéreur de l’Église pour permettre l’agrandissement du Musée.

realisation_de_en

Page: 0

The construction of this church was completed in 1894 according to plans by architect Alexander Cooper Hutchison. It was built for the community of the Scottish Secession Church of Erskine.

When the church merged with the community of the American Presbyterian Church in 1937, the Tiffany windows were transferred from Montreal's Presbyterian Church on Dorchester Street to the church on Sherbrooke Street.

In February 2007, the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts acquired the church for the expansion of the museum.

realisations_titre

Page: 0
MBAM
realisations_titre_e

Page: 0
MMFA